Welcome to Stonybrook Middle School! The Red Storm team of highly dedicated educators is honored to partner with families as we work with each student to provide engaging instruction that is tailored to individual needs. By implementing a Blending Learning strategy and via the innovative utilization of technology, we are able to create personalized learning plans for each student.
This strategy accelerates the academic growth of students, helping each child to develop the skills needed to obtain mastery on the Indiana academic indicators. Our staff is committed to the achievement of all our students. We are focused on becoming a highly effective school that aligns planning, instruction, assessment, and support geared towards the successful performance of our students.
Through our collaborative partnership, we are able to accomplish amazing feats. We also accept ownership and accountability for our academic achievement as a school. Our families are the most important resource and we are extremely thankful for their continued support of our students and their endeavors.
It is an honor to serve as the principal for Stonybrook Middle School as we work together to prepare a diverse community of students to become productive citizens and future leaders.
I believe that every child has amazing potential and it is our responsibility as educators and mentors to help facilitate each along his/her life journey and realize how smart each child is, with his/her own unique personality and gifts to offer. As a community, it is our responsibility to model our C.O.R.E. values of Civility, Order, Respect, and Excellence. We must inspire our youth today to be the leaders of tomorrow. Our children deserve it; our communities need it. We can choose our destiny! ~ Mr. Day
STONYBROOK'S CORE BELIEFS
- in educating young minds by developing academic and social skills.
- in providing the opportunity for students to become responsible citizens.
- in modeling behavior to build and develop character.
- in providing a safe physical and social environment.
- in fostering mutual respect which is the cornerstone of success.
Mr. Day has served children over 13 years as an educator and administrator. He taught 8th grade math and coached multiple sports prior to joining Stonybrook Middle School as principal in 2017-18. Previously, he served as principal in Washington Township and Franklin Township as well as assistant principal at Marion High School in Marion, IN. He also worked with schools for 10 years across the country focusing solutions to serve students with special needs through software solutions.
- Indiana University, Master of Science in Educational Leadership
- Purdue University, Bachelor of Science
- Harvard University National School Turnaround Leadership Institute Participant
- 2014 Principal of the Year, District 7
- Led a school improvement from a “D” grade to an “A” grade in a four year period
- 2010 Patriot Award Winning School for Academic Growth