This year’s 8th Grade Celebration will take place at Stonybrook Middle School on Friday, May 30th from 6:00PM – 8:00PM. This will be a semi-formal occasion composed of dinner and a dance to serve as our end of the year celebration. The cost of tickets will be $10 and that will provide all students with dinner and an awesome DJ. All 8th graders who are present ALL DAYS of ISTEP TESTING will receive their ticket for FREE!
We want to be sure that all students and their parents have time to plan for attire. We also want to be very clear about the behavioral expectations that must be met during the last 9 weeks of school so that students and parents are not surprised if a student loses their opportunity to attend the celebration. Students who are referred to the office for excessive tardiness, dress concerns, disruptions, etc., or earn out of school consequences this 4th 9 weeks will lose their opportunity to attend this special occasion.
This event is to celebrate the end of a successful 8th grade year, so finish the year in a positive manner!
- Ticket sales will begin Wednesday, May 21st, during lunch.
- Cost of Tickets will be $10. (Free to students who are present ALL days of ISTEP Applied Skills and Online).
- Dress attire is semi-formal (not a prom, more like nice dinner or special church event).
- All students are invited to participate, as long as they are in good standing behaviorally.
- On the day of the dance, students must be present for a full-day.